Sunday Times Books LIVE Community Sign up

Login to Sunday Times Books LIVE

Forgotten password?

Forgotten your password?

Enter your username or email address and we'll send you reset instructions

Sunday Times Books LIVE

Modjaji Books

@ Sunday Times Books LIVE

Whiplash meets Dark Video at Constantia Exclusive Books

whiplash_tr_coneb.JPGdarkvid_tracey.JPGpeter_mel_tracey.JPG

Exclusive Books in Constantia came up with wonderful concept that started today – Cape authors in-store signing books. Tracey Farren, author of Whiplash was there with Peter Church, author Dark Video.

i arrived early to make sure all was in order and brought some Whiplash bookmarks for Tracey to hand out to customers. I enjoyed meeting Peter, I always love to hear about how authors got their books published. I wish you every success with your book. Alex Smith, from whom I first heard about the concept, arrived to say Hi and to get started on some early Christmas shopping. I can’t believe it is almost that time.

I didn’t stay long, just long enough to take a couple of pics for the Modjaji Books records. Oh and I want to mention that I heard yesterday that Whiplash is in the CNA, which is a huge boost for Modjaji Books and for Tracey.

I hope Tracey and Peter tell us more about the experience and how it was for them. I got an sms from Tracey to say that she sold several copies of Whiplash and that it was good for general PR.

Recent comments:

• <a href="http://www.modjajibooks.co.za" rel="nofollow">Colleen</a>
    Colleen
    November 3rd, 2015 @07:48 #

Just shared this on FB - 7 years later. I can see that the quality of pics one can take with a phone is seriously better than it was in 2008!.

Bottom
    Ben - Editor
    November 11th, 2015 @09:38 #

Seven years, Colleen! How splendid to have been associated with Modjaji for all that time :)

Bottom
  • <a href="http://www.modjajibooks.co.za" rel="nofollow">Colleen</a>
    Colleen
    November 12th, 2015 @11:24 #

Likewise :)

Bottom
    Maire
    November 12th, 2015 @13:34 #

And now we can all say Shhush, and wait to see what will happen next. You must be so proud of where the first novel you published has got to, Colleen. Not to mention all the publications that followed after. Modjaji has rained her blessings on so many people. No drought there!

Bottom
    Maire
    November 12th, 2015 @13:35 #

And Ben, I remember the day you launched Books Live ... all these memories, now stretching back almost a decade!

Bottom
    Ben - Editor
    November 12th, 2015 @13:50 #

Thanks, Maire :)

Bottom
  • <a href="http://peterchurch.book.co.za" rel="nofollow">Peter</a>
    Peter
    November 27th, 2015 @15:29 #

I remember the day in Constantia! What was I thinking with that shirt? Tracey had book marks to give away and I didn't know what to do? Congratulations to Colleen and Modjaji, a proud South African venture. And to Ben for all you have done for us with Books Live and more.

Bottom

Please register or log in to comment

» View comments as a forum thread and add tags in BOOK Chat